Position: Medical Billing Coder
Reports to: Director of Billing Services
PRIMARY FUNCTION/GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The primary responsibility of this position is to input the appropriate code of various medical services so that healthcare providers can receive payment for services rendered.
- High School graduate
- Certification in the field is preferred (CCS) Certified Coding Specialist
- Or (ART) Accredited Record Technician’s certification or 5year experience as a medical billing coder.
- Medical Terminology.
- Computer skills.
- Knowledge of computer sciences and computer databases.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Performs the following duties related to Mobile Imaging, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Stays current with changes in Medicare/Medicaid and other Insurance carriers through self-help.
- Interprets medical charts and assigns the appropriate diagnostic and procedural codes.
- Audits charts for accuracy.
- Reads all information on document/charts to assure that the correct CPT and ICD10 codes are assigned.
- Registers patient’s demographics and insurance information-making sure all information is correct for an accurate claim.
- If a CPT code is not paid, it is the responsibility of the coder/biller to research and get the correct information and resubmit claim.
- Answer phones as necessary.
- File patient folders as necessary.
- Assist with the front desk as necessary.
- Assist customers with a can-do attitude.
- Requires viewing a CRT.
- Requires using a key-board for data input.
- Requires lifting patient charts and filing as necessary.
- Requires picking up paper work from Accounts needed.
About Employment at Dynamic Mobile Imaging
It is the responsibility of all employees to learn and utilize continuous quality improvement principles in their daily work. Employees are required to extend the mission and values of Dynamic Mobile Imaging, treating each patient, staff member and each customer (facility staff) in a dignified manner with respect, kindness and understanding. The employee is required to subscribe to the organizations commitment to quality and service.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by technologists assigned to this job and not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties.